Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Independently controlled dates on each worksheet

Hi,

I did my best to search for an answer but come up empty.

Here's what I'm trying to do....
I have a spreadsheet with worksheets/tabs for Monday through Friday and one
for weekly totals. I would like to automatically insert a date into the
worksheet on the day that the sheet is populated. The worksheet will not be
edited afterwards so I'm good with current date.

I used the =NOW() for an automatic date(and time) that updates when the
sheet formulas are recalculated BUT it also updates the other worksheets.

Is there a way to keep the dates independently updated on each individual
worksheet?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 5, 4:21*pm, Rick wrote:
Hi,

I did my best to search for an answer but come up empty.

Here's what I'm trying to do....
I have a spreadsheet with worksheets/tabs for Monday through Friday and one
for weekly totals. I would like to automatically insert a date into the
worksheet on the day that the sheet is populated. The worksheet will not be
edited afterwards so I'm good with current date.

I used the =NOW() for an automatic date(and time) that updates when the
sheet formulas are recalculated BUT it also updates the other worksheets.

Is there a way to keep the dates independently updated on each individual
worksheet?

Thanks!

You could put some VB code.

Sub DateIt()
ActiveSheet.Range("C2") = Date
End Sub

Load this into a module by clicking Alt + F11. Go to the worksheet
name and select insert module. In the module insert this code. Go
back to the sheet and Add a button to each day of the week and use
this as the macro for the button. Change C2 in the code above to the
cell you want to change.

This code is nto tested.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jay,

Thanks for your reply.

After a bit of experimentation I was able to get your VB code to work. When
the button is pushed the date is updated just for that work sheet. I can now
control the date for each one individually.

Is it possible to actuate the VB code when the autosum feature is activated?
In other words, when I enter quantities in the proper field and a total is
calculated can I automatically run the VB code? This would eliminate the
manual part of the process.

Again, thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

Rick