Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default automatically copy into cells

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to automatically get cells to copy from one
worksheet into another once you enter data.

so if I enter a word into a cell it will automatically fill in another
cell in another worksheet in that same excel file.

Obviously this will help save some time from re-entering information.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if only a few cells copy and pastespeial -paste links

e.g.
whenever you type some entry in A1 of sheet1 you want the same to be entered
in A1 of sheet2
select sheet1 A1
copy
select sheet2 A1
pastepecial
pastelink

try this

even if you modify A1 sheet1 the modified entry will be made in sheet2.

markymark wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out how to automatically get cells to copy from one
worksheet into another once you enter data.

so if I enter a word into a cell it will automatically fill in another
cell in another worksheet in that same excel file.

Obviously this will help save some time from re-entering information.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me

right click sheet one and click view code
paste the code.
then go to sheet1 and enter something from a1 to 10 and see if it shows up
on sheet2 in b1 to b10

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B1:b10") = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1:a10").Value

Gary

"markymark" wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out how to automatically get cells to copy from one
worksheet into another once you enter data.

so if I enter a word into a cell it will automatically fill in another
cell in another worksheet in that same excel file.

Obviously this will help save some time from re-entering information.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary Keramidas wrote:
not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me

right click sheet one and click view code
paste the code.
then go to sheet1 and enter something from a1 to 10 and see if it shows up
on sheet2 in b1 to b10

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B1:b10") = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1:a10").Value

I've got excel 2003 and I don't see the "view code" option. Is this
only available in later versions of office???

If there is another way to do this I'd like to know.

Thanks,
MM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary Keramidas wrote:
right click on the sheet1 tab name and choose view code

I only want the contents of one cell to repeat in multiple worksheets
after its entered in the first worksheet. When i hit view code I don't
see anything in the view code section.

I'm sorry I'm not really following.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not quite copying but maybe the desired effect ?
In the workbook you have 2 sheets.
Name the first one "Sheet1" and the second one " Sheet2".

Switch to Sheet2
In A1 of Sheet2 write this formula
=Sheet1!A1

Switch to Sheet1
In Cell A1 of Sheet1 write "Can you see me ?"

Switch to Sheet2
Read A1
It should have the same data as Sheet1 A1
If not, check the Calculate settings in the Options to see if they're on
automatic or not.

As I said,
Not quite copying but maybe the desired effect ?

Erasmus

news: ...