Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mz mz is offline

Default VBA to save pictures from the web to local hard drive

Hi, I am looking for some help on how to save pictures from the web to local
hard drive with some VBA in Excel. I know that you can use the
activesheet.picture.insert to the pictures from the web, then save the
workbook as html. But this is not what I want. I want to have the ability
to save the pictures directly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe Bob Phillips gave me some of this very code. You provide the link
on the web, and it downloads to a folder on the hard drive. Bob?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"mz" wrote in message
Hi, I am looking for some help on how to save pictures from the web to

local
hard drive with some VBA in Excel. I know that you can use the
activesheet.picture.insert to the pictures from the web, then save the
workbook as html. But this is not what I want. I want to have the

ability
to save the pictures directly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm thinking Bob won't mind at all. (Keeping fingers crossed.)
http://www.officearticles.com/downlo...downloader.zip

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"mz" wrote in message
Hi, I am looking for some help on how to save pictures from the web to

local
hard drive with some VBA in Excel. I know that you can use the
activesheet.picture.insert to the pictures from the web, then save the
workbook as html. But this is not what I want. I want to have the

ability
to save the pictures directly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Mz , Hello Anne

I hope this help you

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=384071

regards ,
michel

--
michelxld
michelxld's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17367

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mz mz is offline

Anne and michelxld,

Thanks. This really helps. Really appreciated your help.

MZ.