Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with multipage+chart urgently needed and very much appreciated!

Hi everyone!

I've got following problem which I need to solve asap:
I've been desperately trying to create a userform which includes a
multipage-control with charts (14 in all) and a "refresh" button to
update the charts (charts change as the calculations on the worksheets
change).

I've gotten this far:
1.) On clicking the refresh button,I can save the charts as .gif-files
in a subdirectory.
2.) When developing the userform I can then integrate the gif-files via
the property window.

.....but I can't figure out how I can reload the gif-files into the
pages of the multipage-control when the "refresh button" is clicked,
i.e. the form is running?
..... is there a better way of achieving this (or alternatively: of
showing multiple charts in a seperate window, in a organized fashion,
i.e. with Tab-strip et sim.)?

.....spent 2 loooooooong nights over this! AAARRRGGGHH!

thx,
Alexis
("VBA Beginner")

--
Alexis F
Alexis F's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25299

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with multipage+chart urgently needed and very much appreciate

I have a project at work that did something like this (don't have access to
it now). I used Stephen Bullen's PastPicture.zip. It worked great.:

http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm

I have the graph on a hidden worksheet and use the Multipage_Change event
(changing pages) to refresh the picture control. In my case, I only want the
graph to be visible in the UF so that's why I have it on a hidden worksheet.

My project only requires one graph. In your case it might be a bit too slow
to update all 14 at once. I suggest using the Tabstrip control so that only
one need update at once. I don't think there is a better way than
PastePicture.zip which interfaces through the cipboard instead of saving to a
file and importing (the latter being clunky). John Walkenbach has a method
similar to what you're trying to do. However, I found it's not even close to
the efficiency of PastePicture.zip. John's method:

Greg