Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help needed urgently..:(

hello,

i have a list of 1000sites in excel sheet 1....and there is a list of
250sites in excel sheet 2.....
i have to find these 250sites in that list of 1000sites..

please help..
i'll be very thankful

Regards
Harveen :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Lets say your list on sheet 1 is in column A and your list on sheet 2 is in
A1 - A200.
Put this in b1 of sheet 1

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200,A1)0,"There","")

Double click the fill handle and it will fill down as far as there are data
in column A anf if a site exists in sheet 1 and sheet 2 it will be marked
"There"

Mike

"harveen" wrote:

hello,

i have a list of 1000sites in excel sheet 1....and there is a list of
250sites in excel sheet 2.....
i have to find these 250sites in that list of 1000sites..

please help..
i'll be very thankful

Regards
Harveen :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"harveen" wrote:
hello,

i have a list of 1000sites in excel sheet 1....and there is a list of
250sites in excel sheet 2.....
i have to find these 250sites in that list of 1000sites..

please help..
i'll be very thankful

Regards
Harveen :)

Thankyou very much....
but where should i add this =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200,A1)
0,"There","")

can u please explain me in lil detail.
i'll be very thankful :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Exactly what do you mean by "find"?

You could use conditional formatting but we need to know what your data
looks like. Suppose Column A on both sheets contains the unique site name,
then in the sheet with 250 names highlight column A and choose Insert, Name,
Define and give it a name (I will use Sites here)

Move to the second sheet and highlight the sites in column A. Choose
Format, Conditional Formatting, from the first drop down choose Formula is,
in the next box enter =OR(A1=Sites). Click Format, pick a color on the
Patterns tab and press OK twice.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"harveen" wrote:

hello,

i have a list of 1000sites in excel sheet 1....and there is a list of
250sites in excel sheet 2.....
i have to find these 250sites in that list of 1000sites..

please help..
i'll be very thankful

Regards
Harveen :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

can u please explain me in lil detail.
i'll be very thankful :)

I thought I had. You have a list of names in column A of sheet 1 and another
list in a1 - a200 of sheet 2.

put my formula in B1 of sheet 1 and fill down. If any name appears in both
lists column B of sheet 1 will say 'THERE' otherwise column B will be blank.

Mike

"harveen" wrote:
hello,

i have a list of 1000sites in excel sheet 1....and there is a list of
250sites in excel sheet 2.....
i have to find these 250sites in that list of 1000sites..

please help..
i'll be very thankful

Regards
Harveen :)

Thankyou very much....
but where should i add this =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200,A1)
0,"There","")

can u please explain me in lil detail.
i'll be very thankful :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"harveen" wrote:
hello,

i have a list of 1000sites in excel sheet 1....and there is a list of
250sites in excel sheet 2.....
i have to find these 250sites in that list of 1000sites..

please help..
i'll be very thankful

Regards
Harveen :)

Thankyou very much....
but where should i add this =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200,A1)
0,"There","")

can u please explain me in lil detail.
i'll be very thankful :)

hey, i have uploaded both files to the server.
please check them and could u please do it for me as i had asked. :)
and then upload the file to http://sendspace.com again. It will hardly
take a minute i guess.

here are the url's of both excel sheets:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg4250
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5fkmps

i need them urgently, so please can u do it....
thanks :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

and then upload to http://sendspace.com again. It will hardly take a
minute i guess.

here are the url's of both excel sheets:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg4250
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5fkmps

i need them urgently, so please can u do it....
thanks :(
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hey, i have uploaded both files to the server.
please check them and could u please do it for me as i had asked. :)
and then upload to http://sendspace.com again. It will hardly take a
minute i guess.

here are the url's of both excel sheets:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg4250
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5fkmps

i need them urgently, so please can u do it....
thanks :(

You should really try the solutions provided. If they aren't working for you,
provide feedback and someone will help you make it work.

That said...

http://www.savefile.com/files/1998086
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 11, 1:28 am, Glenn wrote:

hey, i have uploaded both files to the server.
please check them and could u please do it for me as i had asked. :)
and then upload tohttp://sendspace.comagain. It will hardly take a
minute i guess.

here are the url's of both excel sheets:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg4250
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5fkmps

i need them urgently, so please can u do it....
thanks :(

You should really try the solutions provided. If they aren't working for you,
provide feedback and someone will help you make it work.

That said...

http://www.savefile.com/files/1998086

Hey, thanks alot....
but sorry to say that the file which u have sent me is corrupted....:(