Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Classes and Cans Of Worms....

Hi guys.

I have created a custom class based upon a worksheet. I was under th
impression that by coding:

Code
-------------------

Public WithEvents shGutter As Worksheet

-------------------

You would create a class that you could then extend with new propertie
and methods.

I've got the new properties and methods in place, but now all th
standard methods and properties such as .RANGE and the shape
collection and all the rest have dissappear.

What do I need to code to create a custom class based on a worksheet s
that it contains both the standard properties and methods for
worksheet as well as my own extentions ??

Cheers!

Regards

Rich (and his can of worms.....

--
Rich_
Rich_z's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rich,

Do you want to take this off-line and send me a workbook, and we can discuss
it?

--

HTH

RP

"Rich_z" wrote in
message ...

Hi guys.

I have created a custom class based upon a worksheet. I was under the
impression that by coding:

Code:
--------------------

Public WithEvents shGutter As Worksheet

--------------------

You would create a class that you could then extend with new properties
and methods.

I've got the new properties and methods in place, but now all the
standard methods and properties such as .RANGE and the shapes
collection and all the rest have dissappear.

What do I need to code to create a custom class based on a worksheet so
that it contains both the standard properties and methods for a
worksheet as well as my own extentions ??

Cheers!

Regards

Rich (and his can of worms.....)

--
Rich_z
Rich_z's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386722

data classes Huidekoper Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 21st 06 04:22 PM
Counting Classes MillerK Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 10th 06 03:32 PM
Using Classes in .xla oli Excel Programming 2 June 3rd 05 11:37 AM
object classes mark Excel Programming 10 July 1st 04 03:42 PM
Using classes defined in an add-in Lieven Mettepenningen[_2_] Excel Programming 1 January 8th 04 03:01 PM