Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel function

Hi
How can I create a new function category?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How to Add a New Category to Function Category List

--

HTH

RP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
How can I create a new function category?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:56:40 +0100, Bob Phillips
wrote:

How to Add a New Category to Function Category List

Neat.
If you create the excel4.0 macro sheet in the personal.xls workbook, can
you use add UDF's contained in other workbooks to that category?
------------------
Darren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Once you have setup the category, and added a real UDF to it, you don't need
the Excel4 macro sheet anymore, and you don't need the defined name. You can
just simply add to the category.

--

HTH

RP

wrote:

How to Add a New Category to Function Category List

Neat.
If you create the excel4.0 macro sheet in the personal.xls workbook, can
you use add UDF's contained in other workbooks to that category?
------------------
Darren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this is a new feature of Excel 2003.

MacroOptions Method [Excel 2003 VBA Language Reference]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...roOptions1.asp

in excel 2000, it is difficult to register vba function to a custom
category, because the category number is not fixed.

see also
http://xcell05.free.fr/
(English page)

--
HTH

okaizawa

wrote:
Hi
How can I create a new function category?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks !!
Here's the code I finally used:
Sub Ajoute()

Dim CategName As String
CategName = "MyCateg"

Sheets.Add Type:=xlExcel4MacroSheet
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TmpFunction",
RefersToR1C1:="=Macro1!R1C1", _
Category:="MyCateg", MacroType:=xlFunction

AjouteFonction ("MyFunc")
AjouteFonction ("MyOtherFunc")

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Sub AjouteFonction(funcName As String)
On Error GoTo err:
For i = 1 To 20
Application.MacroOptions Macro:=funcName, Category:=i
Next i
err:
End Sub
Public Function MyFunc(dbl1 As Double, dbl2 As Double) As Double
MyFunc = dbl1 + dbl2
End Function
Public Function MyOtherFunc(dbl1 As Double, dbl2 As Double) As Double
MyFunc = dbl1 * dbl2
End Function