Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default incrementing every two rows--the sequel

Hello:

I had posted a topic about an hour ago and it was replied to. And, I very
much wish to thank the person that replied.

I really did not make myself clear in that posting, however. Let me try to
explain, again.

I have a spreadsheet of over 16,000 records. In certain spots within the
spreadsheet, I'm going to number each set of two rows. So, I may one set of
two rows numbered 620, the next set number 621, the next set number 622, and
so forth.

I know that you can increment rows numerically by using your mouse to select
the rows and drag a corner of the box down. This does not work, however,
when you are numbering a set of two rows incrementally.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

childofthe1980s
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Type the first cell in (assumes you enter 1 in cell A1)
In the second cell, type =A1
In the third cell, type =A2+1
In the fourth cell, type =A3
In the fifth cell, type =A3+1
In the sixth cell, type =A4

Now, select cells A3 through A6 (4 cells)
Copy down. Worked for my test. :)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"childofthe1980s" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using this formula copied down:

=INT(ROW(A1240)/2)

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
www.ExcelUserConference.com

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or, with a slight change, you may get better performance from
=INT(ROW(A1)/2-0.01)+1

since then if on row 1, items on both Row1 and Row 2 will receive "1", and
row 3& 4 will receive 2, etc.

Maybe I am wrong, just try each.

HTH
Bill