MediaScribe

Default Automatically 'incrementing' formulas for new rows.

Here's my question. I am making a 'scoring' sheet for an online game. It is
set up essentially as such...

A B C
1 (Player Name) (Question #1 Points) (Question #2 Points) =SUM(B1:C1)

2 (Player Name) (Question #1 Points) (Question #2 Points) XXXXXXX

I would like D in each Row to add the sum of the previous two Columns for
each player (represented by XXXXXXX). Do I need to manually input each
formula for D? I have over 100 players and this will take forever! Is there
any way to have D's formula automatically increment the row numbers from the
previous row as I add players? (So the formula in D2 would automatically
update to =SUM(B2:C2) )
Did I explain that clearly enough? I hope so. Thanks for any help anyone
can give.
Niek Otten

Did you try? Your formula ought to update the way you require.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"MediaScribe" wrote in message
[...]

Niek Otten

That is, if you copy it down. You can either drag it using the fill-handle
in the right-hand bottom corner, or double-click that handle to fill down to
the number of rows next to it that are not empty.

[...]

MediaScribe

Thanks Niek! That worked. It did exactly what I needed it to do! You saved
me a lot of time.

Being a newbie to Excel and not knowing the 'terminology' puts me at a
disadvantage at this point. How would that process be described or what
would it be called in the 'Help' section?

Thanks again for your help. Enjoy the rest of your day knowing you made
someone else's day!