Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Split Function

Can I use the Split function
to split each character contained in a cell?

SplitByChar = Split(myVal, "")

I try to use this VBA funcion for that particular case but I do not know if
it is possible.

befo
A1:abc;hij

after running vba:
SplitByChar[0]=a
SplitByChar[1]=b
SplitByChar[2]=c
SplitByChar[3]=;
SplitByChar[4]=h
SplitByChar[5]=i
SplitByChar[6]=j

Thanks

Coco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Coco,

If, for any reason, you are unable to see the response to your earlier post,
here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/8ueqm

---
Regards,
Norman

"coco" wrote in message
Can I use the Split function
to split each character contained in a cell?

SplitByChar = Split(myVal, "")

I try to use this VBA funcion for that particular case but I do not know
if
it is possible.

befo
A1:abc;hij

after running vba:
SplitByChar[0]=a
SplitByChar[1]=b
SplitByChar[2]=c
SplitByChar[3]=;
SplitByChar[4]=h
SplitByChar[5]=i
SplitByChar[6]=j

Thanks

Coco

Nees Function to Split ytayta555 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 25th 10 08:45 PM
Split function coco Excel Programming 2 June 16th 05 11:10 PM
VBA SPLIT FUNCTION PCC Excel Programming 9 April 17th 04 02:40 AM
Split Function TAM Excel Programming 1 February 21st 04 10:23 AM