-   -   Split Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/332035-split-function.html)

Coco

Split Function

Can I use the Split function
to split each character contained in a cell?

SplitByChar = Split(myVal, "")

I try to use this VBA funcion for that particular case but I do not know if
it is possible.

befo
A1:abc;hij

after running vba:
SplitByChar[0]=a
SplitByChar[1]=b
SplitByChar[2]=c
SplitByChar[3]=;
SplitByChar[4]=h
SplitByChar[5]=i
SplitByChar[6]=j

Thanks

Coco

Norman Jones

Split Function

Hi Coco,

See Bob Phillips's response to your earlier, identical question.

---
Regards,
Norman

"coco" wrote in message
Can I use the Split function
to split each character contained in a cell?

SplitByChar = Split(myVal, "")

I try to use this VBA funcion for that particular case but I do not know
if
it is possible.

befo
A1:abc;hij

after running vba:
SplitByChar[0]=a
SplitByChar[1]=b
SplitByChar[2]=c
SplitByChar[3]=;
SplitByChar[4]=h
SplitByChar[5]=i
SplitByChar[6]=j

Thanks

Coco

Norman Jones

Split Function

Hi Coco,

If, for any reason, you are unable to see the response to your earlier post,
here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/8ueqm

---
Regards,