Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Password on Save As

Hi all,

I am wanting a user to be able to select where the file is saved and the
code I have used is:

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

But does anyone know how I can attached a password to this file after the
user has selected where they want to save the file and what they want to call
it?

The saveas function allows this, but I think it needs to know what the file
is called and where it is to be saved.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ashman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ashman,

Have a look at GetSaveAsFilename in the VBA help file. Once you have the
name, use the SaveAs method with a password.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com