Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default paste table from pdf to excel

I have a table in pdf file. I want to copy that table to excel sheet. It
should be pasted from cell to cell. Is it possible?

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think there's a way to do it. If you had the (expensive) full
version (i.e., not the reader) of Acrobat AND the (equally expensive)
development kit, there might be a way to it. Can't say, as I have no
experience with the development kit. The full version allows you to save
PDFs down in several formats (HTML, XML, Word, etc.).

Another thing to think about is how the PDF was originally created. When I
convert a MS Office file to PDF, the text in the PDF is accessible to a
certain extent. But when our office copiers scan a document to PDF, what you
get is a "picture" of a page and the text is not accessible. Acrobat has a
"Paper Capture" feature which is a crude OCR (optical character recognition)
program; however, I've yet to get it to work and get anything valuable from
it (i.e., when it does work, you lose any time you might've saved by having
to review the raw text for misinterpreted characters).

"Pawan" wrote:

I have a table in pdf file. I want to copy that table to excel sheet. It
should be pasted from cell to cell. Is it possible?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just figured out how to paste the pdf tables to excel this morning!

If you have Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0, you chose the select tool, then you
highlight (or select all) the parts you want in your excel page. If your PDF
document has tables in it, you can right click and copy as table, save as
table or open table as spreadsheet.

Kris