Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell has a value of #N/A when the formula refers to nothing

I got a cell has a formula refering to a cell, say =2*A5, however, if the
referred cell(A5) is empty, this referring cell will display a string
"#N/A".
How do I display this referring cell empty rather than "#N/A" if the cell A5
is empty?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It should show 0 unless A5 has a blank space or spaces in it (in which case
it is not empty).

Also, I get a #VALUE! error rather than "#N/A!".

--

Vasant

"Man Utd" wrote in message
I got a cell has a formula refering to a cell, say =2*A5, however, if the
referred cell(A5) is empty, this referring cell will display a string
"#N/A".
How do I display this referring cell empty rather than "#N/A" if the cell

A5
is empty?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=If(A5="","",2*A5)

If A5 is empty, return nothing.

If A5 has a value, return 2*A5

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Man Utd" wrote in message
I got a cell has a formula refering to a cell, say =2*A5, however, if the
referred cell(A5) is empty, this referring cell will display a string
"#N/A".
How do I display this referring cell empty rather than "#N/A" if the cell

A5
is empty?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Gord.

=If(A5="","",2*A5)

If A5 is empty, return nothing.

If A5 has a value, return 2*A5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tools-Options-Display: uncheck Display zero box!
Stefi

€˛Man Utd€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Man Utd" wrote in message
I got a cell has a formula refering to a cell, say =2*A5, however, if the
referred cell(A5) is empty, this referring cell will display a string
"#N/A".
How do I display this referring cell empty rather than "#N/A" if the cell

A5
is empty?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bac bac is offline

But what if A5 is not empty, but rather has something other than a number in
it including another error message??..

try:

=if(iserror(2*A5),"",2*A5)

if 2*A5 returns an error for any reason, make this cell empty,
otherwise make it 2*A5