Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding links

Hi

I have a workbook which looks at other workbooks. how do i find th
cells that are linking to other workbooks and then break that link b
deleting that formula etc

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

bill manville's findlink addin.

from http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

--
keepITcool

funkymonkUK wrote :

Hi

I have a workbook which looks at other workbooks. how do i find the
cells that are linking to other workbooks and then break that link by
deleting that formula etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select all, edit find and search for ".xls", you should see all th
cells which have link to other workbook

--
anilsolipura
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1627

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i tried that and it does not seem to work is there a setting i need i
to be on to work

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

can you paste the formula of one of the cell that has link to th
other workboo

--
anilsolipura
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1627
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see the thing is I am using this workbook and every time i open it sa
it is linked what i dont know if how to get rid of the links as thi
workbook does not need to be linked any ideas? I dont know which cel
has got the formula in else i would just delete it

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Two ways:

1) if you are sure you are not using any formulaes, select al
cells,right click-copy, select cell A1,right click- paste special-
select values and click ok, repeat this for all the worksheets in th
workbook.

2)select all cells, go to edit-go to-click special button and selec
formulae options, this would hightlight all the cells that hav
formalae, check to see if highlighted cell have link to other workbook
, repeat this for all the worksheets in the workbook

--
anilsolipura
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1627
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the utility pointed to by KeepItCool. I use that utility myself and it
works great. There is a good chance that your link is in a named range which
is very difficult to find. You can not just search for it the using typical
find functions.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"funkymonkUK" wrote:

see the thing is I am using this workbook and every time i open it say
it is linked what i dont know if how to get rid of the links as this
workbook does not need to be linked any ideas? I dont know which cell
has got the formula in else i would just delete it.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18135
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379312

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

there is a concurrent thread in WorkSheet Functions.

I finally got through to Bill's webpage. His add-in appears very flexible
and will probably do anything you need to w/links.