Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DRK DRK is offline

Default Footers in which number of characters exceeds 255

The legal types are making me put in footnotes into my spreadsheets which
exceed 255 characters. First one they sent down had 428 characters in it. So
I can't put it in a cell or in a custom footer.

Please note: I'm running the official version approved by the company -
Excel 97.

I was thinking I could somehow plant a text box to hold the text. The text
will have variables in it. So I was going to use VBA to fill the box with the
calculated text. But I'm having some diffculty with it as it is not on a form.

Do I have any other options? Would a more recent or current version of Excel
provide any solution?
--
DRK