Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default counting if a value exceeds a specified number

I need to run a formula over a range of cells in another worksheet to check
if the value contained in this range exceeds a certain specified number. If
it does, then I require the serial number to be entered into the new sheet
from where I can use the VLOOKUP function to get the details onto the second
sheet.

e.g.
if value on sheet 1 greater than or equal to 30 then copy serial number onto
sheet 2.

I have used the standard functions but these need to be run for each line on
both sheets. Whai I require of this function is that the formula can run
against a range on the first sheet and when the criteria is met then place
another entry onto sheet 2.

HELP Please

--
Many Thanks
Albert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sheet 1 contains 4 columns: Serial Number, Make, Model, and No of Units.
this sheet may have 700 - 1000 records

Sheet 2 needs to contain the following
if No of Units is equal to of greater than 30 then copy the serial number
from sheet 1. (Using VLOOKUP the make and model are completed from the
serial number.)
In other words sheet 2 will only show all objects where there are 30 or more
units in stock.

The difficulty that I have is that I need each entry on sheet 2 to be
directly under the previous entry, as I may only have 20% of the units that
exceed 30 and I just need a list of 20 on the sheet 2.

Thanks again
Albert

--
Many Thanks
Albert

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

Hi
i can help you but i am not clear, could you please explain, or do mail to