DNA

Default Number Counting

This is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out.

I have columns with two digit numbers (00 thru 99). I want to write a
formula that looks at this column and if any number is repeated, total the
number of times it's repeated.

Thanks so much for the help!!

DNA

Thanks, how would you key for the "comparison-value" section of the
formula?

bj

you could potentially just put the equation into the cell next to the main
data for example if your column were column A (Rows 1 to 400)
in B1 enter
=countif($A$1:$A$400,A1) and copy down to B400

or you could put the numbers 00 to 99 in D1:D100
and put in E1
=countif($A$1:$A$400,D1)
and copy down to E100
or if you are only interested in one or two numbers
just enter
=countif($A$1:$A$400,"=45")
checkout the Countif function description in Help.

It really depends on what you need.