Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Address List

I have a word document that is a list of 1000's names, addresses,
phone#'s,Fax#'s, I would like to sort this so each goes into correct column
of a spreadsheet names in one, address in the next and so on. Can this be
done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you pasted them from word into excel and they are all in a single column
and
If they the various components are separated by a delimiter then
Look at Text to Columns under the data menu.

If not, it would be difficult.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jessicajsh" wrote in message
I have a word document that is a list of 1000's names, addresses,
phone#'s,Fax#'s, I would like to sort this so each goes into correct

column
of a spreadsheet names in one, address in the next and so on. Can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One more assumption - all the information is in a single row.

If they are on multiple lines, then it would be more complex. Especially if
the data occupied varying numbers of rows.