Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default comboboxes

Hi All,

I have a workbook with 2 sheets. On sheet 1 I have two lists:

List1:
Column A Column B
ProjectID ProjectName

List2:
Column D Column E Column F
ProjectID SubProjectID SubProjectName

On sheet 2, I have 2 combo boxes. what I want to do is fill the first
combobox with the contents of list 1. the second combobox will be filled
based on the selection in the first combobox (ProjectID).

Can someone provide me with a few hints or code snippets? I think I'm
looking for code to go into the combobox1 change event.

TIA
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the link. And I'm sure the site probably has exactly what I need.
Unfortunately, I'm cyrrently living in China, and apparently the DNS server
that China Telecom uses can not find the site. I've had this issue before
with sites that I thought would be in all DNS servers. I also can't get to
Geocities for the UDQServices download.

Anyway, if you know of some other helpful links, please let me know.

regards,
Lee

"lgbjr" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a workbook with 2 sheets. On sheet 1 I have two lists:

List1:
Column A Column B
ProjectID ProjectName

List2:
Column D Column E Column F
ProjectID SubProjectID SubProjectName

On sheet 2, I have 2 combo boxes. what I want to do is fill the first
combobox with the contents of list 1. the second combobox will be filled
based on the selection in the first combobox (ProjectID).

Can someone provide me with a few hints or code snippets? I think I'm
looking for code to go into the combobox1 change event.

TIA
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lee,

I was reviewing the issue thread. How is everything going now? If there is
any question, please feel free to post here.

Thanks very much for participating the community.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
p&SD=msdn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ÄãºÃ,

Well, unfortunately I am still unable to gain access to the xldynamic site,
which I understand has excellent content, and specifically content related
to my original post.

Not related to the original post, I have sent email to the xldynamic
webmaster (no response yet), and have tried various techniques to gain
access to the site (such as changing DNS servrs, adding a (free) proxy
server, using the IP address, rather than the name in IE, etc.). I've also
asked several colleagues in different cities and on different networks in
china to try to access the site. They all have the same result. no luck. I
don't understand why a site like xldynamic would be blocked in China.

Back to the original post, I really don't have an answer yet.

Best Regards,
Lee (Àî»ÊÉÐ)

"Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]" wrote in message
Hi Lee,

I was reviewing the issue thread. How is everything going now? If there is
any question, please feel free to post here.

Thanks very much for participating the community.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
p&SD=msdn

rights.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I think it has nothing to do with the .NET Framework 2.0.
But I think you may try to create a new workbook and copy the code and data
into the new workbook to see if that works.
BTW: based on my test, the code will run on my side.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lee (Àî),

Yes, please test as Peter mentioned. This problem seems like machine
specific. The code runs fine on Peter's machine. If you have any more
concerns, please feel free to reply here.

Thanks very much. :)

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
p&SD=msdn

comboboxes [email protected] uk Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 6th 09 05:07 PM
Need help with ComboBoxes. rosemary New Users to Excel 2 July 9th 05 12:19 AM
Comboboxes Darren Excel Programming 1 January 23rd 05 05:35 PM
ComboBoxes Ryan Excel Programming 0 April 14th 04 10:56 PM
Comboboxes David W[_3_] Excel Programming 1 August 29th 03 11:13 PM