Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting a 'workbook' macro

Good day all, I wonder if anyone has come across this before?

I have a 'private sub' macro which runs when a template is opened. Th
utility of this is to assign an incremental Project ID to the templat
each time it is opened. Obviously, the template is then saved under
different name...as well as being saved as an .xls file.

The problem: The private sub code is still there when the new name
worksheet is opened and the increment still clicks up one numbe
everytime the sheet is opened. I have been trying to write code t
insert after the existing code in the .xlt file which will effectivel
delete the code once the template has assigned a number.

I am afraid I have not been able to do this, so any help would b
greatly appreciated.

Thank you

--
chi
chiv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2340

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is some code to delete the Workbook_Open code

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"chiv" wrote in message

Good day all, I wonder if anyone has come across this before?

I have a 'private sub' macro which runs when a template is opened. The
utility of this is to assign an incremental Project ID to the template
each time it is opened. Obviously, the template is then saved under a
different name...as well as being saved as an .xls file.

The problem: The private sub code is still there when the new named
worksheet is opened and the increment still clicks up one number
everytime the sheet is opened. I have been trying to write code to
insert after the existing code in the .xlt file which will effectively
delete the code once the template has assigned a number.

I am afraid I have not been able to do this, so any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--
chiv
chiv's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=373371

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"chiv" wrote in message

Good day all, I wonder if anyone has come across this before?

I have a 'private sub' macro which runs when a template is opened. The
utility of this is to assign an incremental Project ID to the template
each time it is opened. Obviously, the template is then saved under a
different name...as well as being saved as an .xls file.

The problem: The private sub code is still there when the new named
worksheet is opened and the increment still clicks up one number
everytime the sheet is opened. I have been trying to write code to
insert after the existing code in the .xlt file which will effectively
delete the code once the template has assigned a number.

You could create the new workbook based on another template (xls or xlt)
which has no VBA, save it with the filename you want and close the original
workbook (with the code) all in one hit. So the original workbook would run
the code then close and leave the new saved workbook active.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Ian,

Sub DeleteProcedure()
Dim oVBMod As Object
Dim iStart As Long
Dim cLines As Long

Set oVBMod =
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("ThisWorkbook" ).CodeModule
With oVBMod
iStart = .ProcStartline("Workbook_Open", 0)
cLines = .ProcCountLines("Workbook_Open", 0)
.DeleteLines iStart, cLines
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips