Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default timer

I am using a query to retrieve data from the Internet and need to build in a
timer to wait for the remote server to reset. Can someone please help with a
few lines of code to wait for say a 10 min. interval? Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try

Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:10:00")

"Mike Macgowan" wrote:

I am using a query to retrieve data from the Internet and need to build in a
timer to wait for the remote server to reset. Can someone please help with a
few lines of code to wait for say a 10 min. interval? Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look he

http://cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

In article ,
"Mike Macgowan" wrote:

I am using a query to retrieve data from the Internet and need to build in a
timer to wait for the remote server to reset. Can someone please help with a
few lines of code to wait for say a 10 min. interval? Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This isn't really designed for 10 minute intervals, but here's a solution
that adds a vb like timer control.

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...ExcelTimer.htm

Robin Hammond

"Mike Macgowan" wrote in message
I am using a query to retrieve data from the Internet and need to build in
timer to wait for the remote server to reset. Can someone please help with
few lines of code to wait for say a 10 min. interval? Many thanks.

Timer Brandon H Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 9th 07 01:54 PM
Timer Vijay Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 6th 07 11:00 AM
Stopping a Timer / Running a timer simultaneously on Excel Paul23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 10th 06 12:08 PM
timer nyn04[_6_] Excel Programming 1 September 22nd 04 04:47 PM
API Timer Seth[_5_] Excel Programming 2 January 13th 04 05:39 PM