Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inserting data from other workbooks

Perhaps this has been discussed before, if so please point me to that
discussion.

Someone has set up a survey in an Excel Workbook. This will be sent to a
number of respondents. What I would like to do is to set each question up to
a column then run a macro that would open a workbook (several in sequence)
and read the data from a specific cell then insert it into the next empty
cell in a column.

AND, as if you hadn't already guessed, I later would want to total the
results (not a problem) and insert the total results back into a blank copy
of the source Workbook. I feel it would be better to have this Macro in the
totaling workbook rather than modifying the survey workbook.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin has a variety of related scenarios coded on his site. Take a
look there and see if you can't adapt one to your particular situation:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim at SDSU" wrote in message
Perhaps this has been discussed before, if so please point me to that
discussion.

Someone has set up a survey in an Excel Workbook. This will be sent to a
number of respondents. What I would like to do is to set each question up

a column then run a macro that would open a workbook (several in sequence)
and read the data from a specific cell then insert it into the next empty
cell in a column.

AND, as if you hadn't already guessed, I later would want to total the
results (not a problem) and insert the total results back into a blank

copy
of the source Workbook. I feel it would be better to have this Macro in

the
totaling workbook rather than modifying the survey workbook.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Ron de Bruin has a variety of related scenarios coded on his site. Take a
look there and see if you can't adapt one to your particular situation:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Tom Ogilvy

Looks good--THANKS!!