Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Inserting data from other workbooks

Ron de Bruin has a variety of related scenarios coded on his site. Take a
look there and see if you can't adapt one to your particular situation:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim at SDSU" wrote in message
Perhaps this has been discussed before, if so please point me to that
discussion.

Someone has set up a survey in an Excel Workbook. This will be sent to a
number of respondents. What I would like to do is to set each question up

a column then run a macro that would open a workbook (several in sequence)
and read the data from a specific cell then insert it into the next empty
cell in a column.

AND, as if you hadn't already guessed, I later would want to total the
results (not a problem) and insert the total results back into a blank

copy
of the source Workbook. I feel it would be better to have this Macro in

the
totaling workbook rather than modifying the survey workbook.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.