Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Newbie Question Please Help

Office XP Pro SP3 Excel I have this in my spreadsheet and I gett #VALUE in
the cell I believe I had to hit a CTRL and some letter before but I do not
remember what it was any ideas?

=SUM(IF((J2:J41="V")+(J2:J41="M"),I2:I41))

#VALUE! ####### #VALUE!

Thanks

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try ctrl-shift-enter.

Another way without the ctrl-shift-enter:

=SUMPRODUCT((J2:J41={"V","M"})*I2:I41)

Thomas Grassi wrote:

Office XP Pro SP3 Excel I have this in my spreadsheet and I gett #VALUE in
the cell I believe I had to hit a CTRL and some letter before but I do not
remember what it was any ideas?

=SUM(IF((J2:J41="V")+(J2:J41="M"),I2:I41))

#VALUE! ####### #VALUE!

Thanks

Tom

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Thomas,

This is an Array Formula. Chip Pearson describes them very well on his site

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr