Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie question about accessing Excel sheet from the web

Hello, sorry if this is a repeat. I have very little Excel
experience.

A friend and I have a weight loss bet going and I created an Excel
sheet to track our progress. I have Orion running on my machine at
home and have hosted the spreadsheet there. I can see it fine and
play with the data, but, of course, can't save remotely.

What I'd like to do is create a very simple HTML form that would allow
access to the spreadsheet via the web. I'd like to enter the user,
the date, and the weight and then have that data stored to the
spreadsheet. So, I'll need to use the date to look up the correct row
in my spreadsheet, then the user to find the correct cell to update,
then insert the weight value into that cell.

I've looked around for a bit trying to find out how to do this, but
all the solutions seem to be overly complex for what I'm trying to do.
Does anyone know an easy way I can do this?