Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to remove an add-in that doesn't show up in the add-in list

I found that my automated Excel workbook doesn't work in case an add-in
called pdf-maker is activated. I cound not find a way do disable this add-in
as it doesn't show up in the add-in list (\Tools\Add-ins) but it shows up
within the VBA editor.
The only way to disable it is by way of deinstalling Adobe Acrobat, which is
not a good method since I need Adobe Acrobat. Is there a way to disable the
automatic link of such an add-in that is not shown in the list ?

Oscar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is probably located in your xlstart directory. Files in this directory
are loaded at startup. Use the Windows option to find files and find its
location. Move it from its current location to another directory.

Tom Ogilvy

"Oscar" wrote in message
I found that my automated Excel workbook doesn't work in case an add-in
called pdf-maker is activated. I cound not find a way do disable this

add-in
as it doesn't show up in the add-in list (\Tools\Add-ins) but it shows up
within the VBA editor.
The only way to disable it is by way of deinstalling Adobe Acrobat, which

is
not a good method since I need Adobe Acrobat. Is there a way to disable

the
automatic link of such an add-in that is not shown in the list ?

Oscar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply.
I've moved any pdfmaker.xla file (found 3 of them) to another directory but
Excel still shows up with this add-in, even after restarting the system.

regards,
Oscar

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht

"Oscar" wrote in message
I found that my automated Excel workbook doesn't work in case an add-in
called pdf-maker is activated. I cound not find a way do disable this

add-in
as it doesn't show up in the add-in list (\Tools\Add-ins) but it shows up
within the VBA editor.
The only way to disable it is by way of deinstalling Adobe Acrobat, which

is
not a good method since I need Adobe Acrobat. Is there a way to disable

the
automatic link of such an add-in that is not shown in the list ?

Oscar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to remove an add-in that doesn't show up in the add-in lis

Hi Oscar,
Pdfmaker.xla is stubborn as it keeps replacing itself even if you delete it.
The only way to handle it is as follows
Delete the file from the location from which it is read in. Then create a
folder in the same location called pdfmaker.xla. This will prevent the file
being copied to the same location - since no file can have the same name as
the folder/directory.
Hope this helps..Unless you have already given up on this newsgroup!!
Alok Joshi