Chance

Default How to remove duplicates from a list and copy new list to new colu

I have a column of data containing 6 digit codes in each row. I have many
duplicates. How do I create a new column removing the duplicates found in
the original column?
Paul B

Chance, have a look at data, filter, advanced filter, copy to new location
and check unique records only

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Chance" wrote in message
I have a column of data containing 6 digit codes in each row. I have many
duplicates. How do I create a new column removing the duplicates found in
the original column?

Max

Another way to extract the list of unique values ..

Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down

Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1,"",ROW())

Put in B1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A ,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1
:A1)),C:C,0)))

Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last row of data in col A

Col B will return the list of unique values in col A
--
Rgds
Max