Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mouse Wheel & Mouse Drivers

Excel 2002, WinXP
In the past I have lost the mouse wheel function in the VBE (I have never
lost it anywhere else). I was told then to download and install the latest
mouse driver. I did and that fixed it.
Today I decided it was time to download the latest mouse driver, if there
was one. I had 4.1 and the latest, I found out, was 5.2. So I downloaded
it and installed it. As a result the mouse wheel function in the VBE was
lost. I restored my system and got back to the 4.1 driver and all is well
again.
Does anyone know anything about this and why the wheel function does not
operate with the latest, 5.2, driver? Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto, I have had this happen in the past when I installed a new driver,
ended up using one of these to get it back

Here's a couple links to some software that will do it
http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2002, WinXP
In the past I have lost the mouse wheel function in the VBE (I have never
lost it anywhere else). I was told then to download and install the

latest
mouse driver. I did and that fixed it.
Today I decided it was time to download the latest mouse driver, if there
was one. I had 4.1 and the latest, I found out, was 5.2. So I downloaded
it and installed it. As a result the mouse wheel function in the VBE was
lost. I restored my system and got back to the 4.1 driver and all is well
again.
Does anyone know anything about this and why the wheel function does not
operate with the latest, 5.2, driver? Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does anyone know anything about this and why the wheel function does not
operate with the latest, 5.2, driver?

I'm told that the VBE does not respond to the wheel scroll message so the 4x
mouse driver actually issued line scroll messages instead when it detected
the active app was the VBE (or something like that). This was removed from
the 5x drivers for some reason. I switched back to 4x myself but I know
people who stayed with 5x are happy with the utilities Paul suggested.

--
Jim
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2002, WinXP
In the past I have lost the mouse wheel function in the VBE (I have never
lost it anywhere else). I was told then to download and install the
latest mouse driver. I did and that fixed it.
Today I decided it was time to download the latest mouse driver, if there
was one. I had 4.1 and the latest, I found out, was 5.2. So I downloaded
it and installed it. As a result the mouse wheel function in the VBE was
lost. I restored my system and got back to the 4.1 driver and all is well
again.
Does anyone know anything about this and why the wheel function does not
operate with the latest, 5.2, driver? Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul and Jim
I reinstalled 5.2 and, as before, the scroll wheel would not scroll in
the VBE.
I downloaded the 2 files as suggested by Paul. I installed the VBScroll
file and got no results. I then installed the FreeWheel file and that
worked.
Thanks for your help. Otto