Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet_chage (from Excel 2000 to 2003)

I have a spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2000. There is a section in
the workbook that has validation dropdown lists, which are being monitored by
the Worksheet_Change event. In other words, a macro is supposed to be
triggered when the selected items are changed in one of these validation
cells. It works fine in Excel 2000, but when the document is opened in Excel
2003, it is not recognizing the change in selection, so the macro is not
being triggered. Other macros in the sheet are working fine (ones that are
triggered by command buttons). How can I fix this problem?
I can't use comboboxes because, for some reason, when a spreadsheet with
comboboxes is published to our company's intranet site, any selection made in
the comboboxes seem to disappear once you click out of the boxes.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Interesting problem. Are your evnets firing at all? Place a break point or a
message box in the Worksheet_change event code to see if the code is
executing. If the events are not firing you probably want too look for

application.enableevents = false

executing and then some sort of a bug short circuiting your code before the
events are turned back on again. Without any code posted that is the best I
can offer for now...

HTH