Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart source data automatically fill in

Hi,

I have chart on one sheet, I have a chart on another sheet. I know how to
set the data source to the chart.
But each week I am adding a new data (as everyone who makes charts though).
It's couple of rows with numbers that are each week (Friday) added.

Question: is there a possibility to somehow make the chart automtacilally
find the new rows and add it to the current data source? So I don't have to
do it manually...

As a far as shot in the dark it would be a cmobination of

1. SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(1).Range ...
2. Range("B4", Range("B4").End(xlToRight)).Select - finds the last non-empty
cell
and 3. same as two but xlDown

Do you know how to do it or how to combine these two? Thanks
--
Regards
Lukas Polansky
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lukas,

I have chart on one sheet, I have a chart on another sheet. I know how to
set the data source to the chart.
But each week I am adding a new data (as everyone who makes charts though).
It's couple of rows with numbers that are each week (Friday) added.

Question: is there a possibility to somehow make the chart automtacilally
find the new rows and add it to the current data source? So I don't have to
do it manually...

The easiest way is to use defined names to link the chart to the data. See the
example chapter 15 from PED, available for download from my web site.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Stephen, I am gonna try it and have checked and will again the
websites. Excellent, thanks again.
--
Regards
Lukas Polansky