Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default VBA to automatically change source data for existing chart

I have a spreadsheet that totals errors for every employee daily and then
sums them by month and year to date. Instead of having 13 charts (1 for each
month and a ytd), I have created a combobox with a list of the months and ytd
and would like to have 1 chart that would change its source data based on the
month that is selected.

The problem I think I am having is setting the range. The numbers are in a
row, but not consective...so January's data is all row 28 but the columns are
D, G, J, M, P, S, V. I am not sure, but because of this I don't know if I
can use:

ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Totals").Range("D28", "G28", etc. )

Thank You for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You don't necessarily need VBA. Use a combo as in the example below to
select a month:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"ETLahrs" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It's funny you should say that. I was trying to figure out some more while
waiting for any replies, and guess what site I ended up on. Thank you very
much, your site has now been added to favorites.

Thank You Again.
Ed