Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Excel from VB

I am new to VB (experienced at VC & VC++) and am looking for a good,
complete example of how to access Excel spreadsheets directly from VB.
I have heard you can do it either through an ADODB connection or
through the Excel object library.

Can anyone provide complete examples of both for a novice that is
trying to learn quickly?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne Ware
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HOWTO: Use ADO with Excel Data from Visual Basic or VBA

http://support.microsoft.com/support...aqVBOffice.asp
Frequently Asked Questions about Microsoft Office Automation Using Visual
Basic

http://support.microsoft.com/support...fdevinapps.asp
Programming Office from Within Office

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=219151
Q219151 - HOWTO: Automate Excel 97 and Excel 2000 from Visual Basic

http://support.microsoft.com/support...automation.asp
Using Automation with Microsoft Excel 97

Tom Ogilvy

"Wayne Ware" wrote in message
I am new to VB (experienced at VC & VC++) and am looking for a good,
complete example of how to access Excel spreadsheets directly from VB.
I have heard you can do it either through an ADODB connection or
through the Excel object library.

Can anyone provide complete examples of both for a novice that is
trying to learn quickly?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne Ware

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the VB/Excel help files are all thats needed to expose the workbook/worksheet
objects that you need. Examples frequently have ADO alternatives although
they are treated as being 'clunky'. Of course if you actually mean VB and
not VBA as I have assumed then you may need to link differently to expose the
Excel objects.
Visual Basic for Aplications is the VB editor that comes with office tools.
Visual Basic is a seperate package that is not (by default) linked to the
Office objects.

In fact, (just thinking this through). goto the object browser in VB and
see if the Excel objects are available if not then link the appropriate
objects and away you go! Examples and help abundant in the standard help
files.