Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to stop Excel from accessing the net

Every time I start Excel 2000 it attempts to access the web and I prevent
it with Zone Alarm (ZA). I don't want to tell ZA to automatically stop it
every time it tries because there are times when I want to import data from
a web page via a web query.

Two questions:

1. Why does Excel attempt to acces the web when it starts?

2. Is there some way of preventing it from doing so while allowing it to
access the web when I want it to?

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

If you go to tools/options/general/web options there maybe
some option in there accessing the internet.

Any help?

.