Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell Contents

I have a very large spreadsheet. In Column D is the Action/Subject for the
row. As I scroll across I would like to add contents of of that cell to
either one or two places. First, either to the top where it says "Microsoft
Excel - GB Taskings" or to the bottom left where it says "Ready" just below
the sheet names. As an example say for the top it counld read "Microsoft
Excel - GB Taskings (POTUS Visit). POTUS Visit being the contents on the
column D for the active row. If there is a better method please advise. I
really do not wabt to freeze the window.

Thanks
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click on the sheet tab and select view code. Put in code like this.

Application.StatusBar = Cells(Target(1).Row, 4).Value
End Sub

To reset the status bar, execute code that does

Application.StatusBar = False

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy