Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Autofilter options (version)?

I have MS Excel 2002 running in XP Pro. When I use the Data-Autofilter
function, I get an alphabetical list of all names in the drop-down box. What
I would like to have is the check boxes beside each name (drop down check
list) so that I can select more than one name to filter by. Our IT
department advises that this must be a optional function in Excel that needs
to be enabled, but they did not know where this option is located. Any
ideas? I know that this function was available when I trained in excel last
year (version unknown)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

As far as i know, this option is only available when using pivot tables, not
using data / autofilter .... could it be that you're thinking of from your
training course.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"HotRod" wrote in message
I have MS Excel 2002 running in XP Pro. When I use the Data-Autofilter
function, I get an alphabetical list of all names in the drop-down box.
What I would like to have is the check boxes beside each name (drop down
check list) so that I can select more than one name to filter by. Our IT
department advises that this must be a optional function in Excel that
needs to be enabled, but they did not know where this option is located.
Any ideas? I know that this function was available when I trained in excel
last year (version unknown)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My EasyFilter Add-in have 5 options
Maybe you can use it
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"HotRod" wrote in message ...
I have MS Excel 2002 running in XP Pro. When I use the Data-Autofilter function, I get an alphabetical list of all names in the
drop-down box. What I would like to have is the check boxes beside each name (drop down check list) so that I can select more than
one name to filter by. Our IT department advises that this must be a optional function in Excel that needs to be enabled, but they
did not know where this option is located. Any ideas? I know that this function was available when I trained in excel last year
(version unknown)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think either myself or the user was on crack when we saw this
functionality. I have to go back to the college and double check this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Called the college I.T. and they said that they are running Excel 2002 XP on
all of the computers in that lab. Does that make a difference?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope.

My bet is it wasn't autofilter. I'm gonna guess it was a combobox from the
control toolbox toolbar with its ListStyle set to "1 - fmListStyleOption"

But that shows as a small circle.

HotRod wrote:

Called the college I.T. and they said that they are running Excel 2002 XP on
all of the computers in that lab. Does that make a difference?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

nah, my vote's still on pivot tables :) HotRod, didn't you get a manual from
the course - if so, check the contents ....

--
Cheers
JulieD

HotRod wrote:

Called the college I.T. and they said that they are running Excel 2002 XP
on
all of the computers in that lab. Does that make a difference?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm going to go back and have another look, I'll post what I find out. It
might be a dream...