Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatically Installing Add-Ins?

My company has several worksheets which require the Analysis Toolpack add-in
to work properly. We want to make it as simple as possible for our end-users
to use our worksheets, so what we are trying to do is make the end-users'
computers automatically install and check the Analysis Toolpack add-in. What
is the best way to accomplish this goal? Do I need to use a 3rd party
installation program such as InstallShield or can I use macros or VB scripts
to run code that accomplishes this each time the worksheet is open? Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Add the following code to 'ThisWorkbook'

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = True
End Sub

Note though, if the use does not enable macros, it will not work.
I get around this, you could have a big message displaying "Please re-open with macros enabled" and hide it with VBA
code when the doument is opened.

e.g.
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = "" 'Remove message to Enable Macros.

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
My company has several worksheets which require the Analysis Toolpack add-in
to work properly. We want to make it as simple as possible for our end-users
to use our worksheets, so what we are trying to do is make the end-users'
computers automatically install and check the Analysis Toolpack add-in. What
is the best way to accomplish this goal? Do I need to use a 3rd party
installation program such as InstallShield or can I use macros or VB scripts
to run code that accomplishes this each time the worksheet is open? Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Andrew

Enter the following code in the "ThisWorkBook" module of the relevant
workbooks that require the addin.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
On Error Resume Next
Application.AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = True
If Application.AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = False Then _
MsgBox "Go get the Office CD............"

XL2003
Regards

William

"Andrew" wrote in message
My company has several worksheets which require the Analysis Toolpack
add-in
to work properly. We want to make it as simple as possible for our
end-users
to use our worksheets, so what we are trying to do is make the end-users'
computers automatically install and check the Analysis Toolpack add-in.
What
is the best way to accomplish this goal? Do I need to use a 3rd party
installation program such as InstallShield or can I use macros or VB
scripts
to run code that accomplishes this each time the worksheet is open? Any
help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help. I don't think my question was specific enough, though.
It seems that this code only works if the end-user has the Office
Installation Files saved on their system. If they checked the option to
remove these files after installation, then Excel will ask for the Office
disc in order to install the Analysis ToolPak add-in. We would like, if at
all possible, to avoid our clients having to know where their Office disc is.
Is there a way to include the add-in files with an installation? If so, to
which directory(s) do I need to put the add-ins? Thanks again for all your
help.