Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform Help!!!!Please

Please Help, I am in dier need of some help.
I am using an example in a book and it says to add
<LastRow = FindLastRow to
the UserForm_Initialize event. As you can see I did, BUT I keep getting a
"Variable not defined" rigth there. Help! Yes, I know it is probably very
basic.
Thank you!
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize

GetData
LastRow = FindLastRow

Dim cItem As Range

With Me.cboVend
For Each cItem In wksLookupLists.Range("VendorList")
.AddItem cItem.Value
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = cItem.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
End With
With Me.cboRan
For Each cItem In wksLookupLists.Range("RanchIDList")
.AddItem cItem.Value
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = cItem.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
End With
txtDate.Value = Date
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Expand AllCollapse All
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jennifer,

Nowhere in the code does it indicate what either LastRow or FindLastRow are.
It appears that FindLastRow is the name of a function. If it is where is it?
It also appear that LastRow is the name of a variable. Where is this variable
declared?

The error message variable not defined is telling you that VBA does not
think this variable has been declared yet.

By the way, the code you are using to populate the combo boxes can be
achieved in one line like this:

cboVend.List = wksLookupLists.Range("VendorList").Value

Good Luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I didn't give you enough information. This is some more of what I am
working with: You'll notice they have LastRow in them. Thanks guys!

Private Sub cmdFirst_Click()
'Command button to find the first data row of data in the database
RowNumber.Text = "2"
End Sub

Private Sub cmdLast_Click()
Public LastRow As Long
'Comand button to find the last row in the database
LastRow = FindLastRow - 1
RowNumber.Text = FormatNumber(LastRow, 0)
End Sub
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Bob,
Bear with me I really new at this. Not sure what you are asking. What should
I be looking for in my code. Would it be best if I just put the whole thing
in here? Jennifer

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

so where is Firstrow?

--

HTH

RP

"Jennifer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this help?
Private Sub GetData()
Public LastRow As Long
'shows the getdata routine
Dim r As Long

If IsNumeric(RowNumber.Text) Then
r = CLng(RowNumber.Text)
Else
ClearData
MsgBox "Illegal row number"
Exit Sub
End If

If r 1 And r <= LastRow Then
txtInvoice.Text = Cells(r, 2)
txtDate.Text = Cells(r, 3)
cboVend.Text = Cells(r, 4)
cboRan.Text = Cells(r, 5)
txtPallet.Text = Cells(r, 7)
txtQty.Text = Cells(r, 8)
txtPrice.Text = Cells(r, 10)
txtFrt.Text = Cells(r, 11)
txtRepakHrs.Text = Cells(r, 13)
txtRepakQty.Text = Cells(r, 14)
DisableSave
ElseIf r = 1 Then
ClearData

Else
ClearData
MsgBox "invalid row number"

Private Sub ClearData()

txtInvoice.Text = ""
txtDate.Text = ""
cboVend.Text = "None"
cboRan.Text = "None"
txtPallet.Text = ""
txtQty.Text = ""
txtPrice.Text = ""
txtFrt.Text = ""
txtRepakHrs.Text = ""
txtRepakQty.Text = ""
End Sub
Private Sub DisableSave()

cmdSave.Enabled = False
btnClose.Enabled = False
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

GetData
LastRow = FindLastRow
Dim cItem As Range

With Me.cboVend
For Each cItem In wksLookupLists.Range("VendorList")
.AddItem cItem.Value
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = cItem.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
End With
With Me.cboRan
For Each cItem In wksLookupLists.Range("RanchIDList")
.AddItem cItem.Value
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = cItem.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
End With
txtDate.Value = Date
End Sub
Private Function FindLastRow()

'Find the last row in the database
Dim r As Long

r = 2
Do While r < 65536 And Len(Cells(r, 1).Text) 0
r = r + 1

Loop
FindLastRow = r
End Function

"Jennifer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make it Public. Make it simpler and faster with:

Public Function FindLastRow()
'Find the last row in the database
FindLastRow = Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup).row
End Function

Tom Ogilvy

"Jennifer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

' Place at the top of a general module outside any routine
Public LastRow as Long

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize
Dim LastRow as Long

GetData
LastRow = FindLastRow

Dim cItem As Range

With Me.cboVend
For Each cItem In wksLookupLists.Range("VendorList")
.AddItem cItem.Value
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = cItem.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
End With
With Me.cboRan
For Each cItem In wksLookupLists.Range("RanchIDList")
.AddItem cItem.Value
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = cItem.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next
End With
txtDate.Value = Date
End Sub

Remove any other declaration for LastRow
Such as In GetData
Tom Ogilvy

"Jennifer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
You said to place
Public LastRow as Long
in a general module outside any routine. Anytime I place it in one it puts a
line and puts it up in the module above. I am stuck. I have been at this to
long. It should be that hard should it?

"Jennifer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Tom,
You said to place
Public LastRow as Long
in a general module outside any routine. Anytime I place it in one it puts

line and puts it up in the module above.

That is what it is supposed to do. It doesn't put it in the "module" above;
it puts it in the Declarations section of the module, which is at the top of
the module.

--

Vasant

Userform mast Excel Programming 3 January 20th 05 02:59 PM
Access from add_in userform to main template userform.... Ajit Excel Programming 1 November 18th 04 05:15 PM
Linking userform to userform in Excel 2003 missmelis01 Excel Programming 2 August 27th 04 08:07 PM
Userform inside another userform Ryan Excel Programming 0 April 23rd 04 08:01 PM
userform billQ Excel Programming 3 November 19th 03 03:41 AM