Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform

I have a userform with several text boxes for data entry and these text boxes
are linked to the appropriate cells in a worksheet. Two of the text boxes are
for 'Date' entries but when I enter a date the whole program hangs. When I
went back through the program to see where the problem was I found that I
coud enter text in these boxes (or any other for that matter) as long as
there were no spaces. As soon as I enter text with spaces in any of the text
boxes the program hangs. The cells to which the text boxes are linked are
formatted accordingly. i.e date format for date entry and so on. Can anyone
help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

this sounds quite weird to me ... if you'ld like to zip up the workbook and
email it direct to me i'll be happy to look at it for you.

Regards
JulieD
julieD at hcts dot net dot au

"mast" wrote in message
I have a userform with several text boxes for data entry and these text
boxes
are linked to the appropriate cells in a worksheet. Two of the text boxes
are
for 'Date' entries but when I enter a date the whole program hangs. When I
went back through the program to see where the problem was I found that I
coud enter text in these boxes (or any other for that matter) as long as
there were no spaces. As soon as I enter text with spaces in any of the
text
boxes the program hangs. The cells to which the text boxes are linked are
formatted accordingly. i.e date format for date entry and so on. Can
anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Julie, but I have solved the problem. For your information the problem
was caused (I don't really know why or how) when I used the 'ControlSource'
property for the text boxes to link them to a cell in the corresponding
worksheet. When I removed these 'ControlSource' links the problem stopped. I
have now made the link using code and all is working great.