Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro on "mouse down" in graph?

I hope my explaination of what I'm trying to do is clear enough that
someone smarter than I am can help me...

I have a worksheet that has 3 columns. Col 1 is a sorted fractional part
of the day (essentially "time"), Col 2 has the results of an experiment at
the that time, Col 3 is "quality flag". There is a graph of Col 1 vs Col
2. By looking at the graph, I can tell which are the bad points and which
are the good points, but I can't, mathematically tell which is which (it's
the classic "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" problem).

My idea is to somehow define a "mouse down" macro in the graph. The macro
would need to get the Col 1 value of the point, turn that into a row in
the worksheet and set the Col 3 value in that row to 0. I can handle the
"find the right row and set col 3 to 0" part assuming I have the col 1
value, but I'm not sure how to handle the "I clicked on a point in a graph
and here are the coordinates" part of the problem, or even if it's
possible,

Any help?

Thanks!
Bruce

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler | If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is

+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bruce,

My idea is to somehow define a "mouse down" macro in the graph. The macro
would need to get the Col 1 value of the point, turn that into a row in
the worksheet and set the Col 3 value in that row to 0. I can handle the
"find the right row and set col 3 to 0" part assuming I have the col 1
value, but I'm not sure how to handle the "I clicked on a point in a graph
and here are the coordinates" part of the problem, or even if it's
possible,

Jon Peltier does a great job of explaining this at:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:23:20 +0100, Stephen Bullen put fingers to keyboard
and said:

Hi Bruce,

My idea is to somehow define a "mouse down" macro in the graph. The
macro would need to get the Col 1 value of the point, turn that into a
row in the worksheet and set the Col 3 value in that row to 0. I can
handle the "find the right row and set col 3 to 0" part assuming I have
the col 1 value, but I'm not sure how to handle the "I clicked on a
point in a graph and here are the coordinates" part of the problem, or
even if it's possible,

Jon Peltier does a great job of explaining this at:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

Stephen,

Thanks! I've just printed out the article and have started to read it.
It looks *very* interesting...

Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler | He's one taco short of a combination platter. -