Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Floating a Chart Question.

I'm floating a quesion here.
I want a chart to show the latest 100 points of a growing list.
Can this be done easily. The only vage idea I have at the moment is
to name a range and use that for the chart, but then it won't
automatically update will it. I will have to run a macro that will
update the named range. Is there a way that this can be automatically
done without user intervention?
Can you set macros to run at time intervals?

I would be grateful for any alternative suggestions. I want to remove
user intervention from the equation and would want the charts to
automatically update as more data was added. The charts will probably
be in a seperate file to the data (because of the number of them).

Thanks again Folkes.
Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Donna,

I'm floating a quesion here.
I want a chart to show the latest 100 points of a growing list.
Can this be done easily. The only vage idea I have at the moment is
to name a range and use that for the chart, but then it won't
automatically update will it. I will have to run a macro that will
update the named range. Is there a way that this can be automatically
done without user intervention?
Can you set macros to run at time intervals?

Use defined names to link the charts to the data. The names can use the
OFFSET() function to always refer to the last 100 points in the list.
See the sample chapter 15 (available online) from our book Professional
Excel Development for a full explanation of how to do it.
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Stephen. I was loosing hope of any responses to this one.
It sounds like it's what I'm after.
Best Regards
Donna