Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default floating chart

Is their a way to make a chart basically float in the same spot on an excel
page while you scroll up and down the page?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I often put the chart at the top of the sheet, then freeze the panes at a
row just below the chart, so only the bottom half of the window scrolls.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"
m wrote in message
Is their a way to make a chart basically float in the same spot on an
excel
page while you scroll up and down the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Dear Jon,

I'm using an autofilter in combination with a chart, and I would like to
place the chart next to the area of the data which use the autofilter. But
when the data filters, the charts moves as well, since it is embedded to the
cells. I want to see the changes of the chart when clicking the autofilter,
so putting it in a separate sheet is not really an option. I tried chart
window, but with no succes.

At the moment I am using freezed panes; I use the top left pane for
subtotals of the filters. The chart is momentarily in the top right pane, but
it is to small, so I would like to put it in the lower left pane. Is there
away to make use of the empty space in the lower left pane.

See the following images:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3322/formulasjc1.png
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7038/viewdq7.png

Thanks for the help in advance,