Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Year to date

Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display
Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column?

Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to
hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show
nothing until there is a figure in J.

Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But
looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column.

Thank you ...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
You did not indicate what you are using as your formula, but
=IF(SUM(J2:J17)=0,"",SUM(J2:J17)).

Thanks,

"Nick" wrote:

Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display
Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column?

Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to
hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show
nothing until there is a figure in J.

Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But
looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column.

Thank you ...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks David.
I have this formula...
=SUM(K8+J9) that displays the answer in K9.

It is just making a running total... but without having the last total
copied all the way down the page until the next entry in column J changes.

I tried this one.... =IF(K9=0),"",SUM(K8+J9))

this closer to what I am trying to achieve.

TOTAL INVOICE YEAR TO DATE
82.00 82.00
441.00 523.00
210.00 733.00
109.00 842.00

Nick.

"Nick" wrote:

Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display
Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column?

Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how
hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show
nothing until there is a figure in J.

Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But
looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the
column.

Thank you ...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I figured it out... You were right... but I just had to reverse the
elements.
I used this...

=IF(J110,(K10+J11),"- ")

worked great!