Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying from one worksheet to another

I would like to copy a sum from one worksheet to another worksheet. When I
try to copy from one worksheet to another worksheet I get an error message.
How do I proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not have a code. Could you please provide me with a code? I'm a
beginner.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Show the code.

--

HTH

RP

"DeRizzio" wrote in message
I would like to copy a sum from one worksheet to another worksheet. When

try to copy from one worksheet to another worksheet I get an error

message.
How do I proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assumed you had some VBA code.

Explain exactly what you are doing, and what error you get.

--

HTH

RP

"DeRizzio" wrote in message
I do not have a code. Could you please provide me with a code? I'm a
beginner.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Show the code.

--

HTH

RP

"DeRizzio" wrote in message
I would like to copy a sum from one worksheet to another worksheet.

When
try to copy from one worksheet to another worksheet I get an error

message.
How do I proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Two possible solutions depending on what you want. If you want to get the sum
as a static value (will not update if what is being summed is updated) then
copy the cell you want as usual, but when you go to paste the value right
click on the cell you want to paste to and select paste special. Check off
Values and the value will be pasted into the cell.

The other possibility is that you want to get the dynamic value which will
change if what is being summed is changed. In this case you do not want to
copy at all but rather, you want to put a formula in the cell which refers to
the summed total. If this is the case then type = in the cell you want to
show the total and then select the sheet that you want and the cell on that
sheet that you want. Your formula will end up looking something like
=Sheet1!A1. This will pull back the amount in Cell A1 on Sheet 1.

HTH