Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When a cell is change

Good morning, How could I say to excel that when a cell changes (lets say a2)
execute something,
something like:
if cells(2,1)<"" then ...bla bla bla

but this works just with cells with no values in them

I want that wherever value is in the cell, when user changes it, execute the
proceedure.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use a worksheet_change event.right click sheet tabview codeleft window use
worksheetright window change

if target.address="$A$2" then bla

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"filo666" wrote in message
Good morning, How could I say to excel that when a cell changes (lets say

a2)
execute something,
something like:
if cells(2,1)<"" then ...bla bla bla

but this works just with cells with no values in them

I want that wherever value is in the cell, when user changes it, execute

the
proceedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the Change event if the user will cause the cell to change by editing
it. You would have to construct your code to operate the way you want.
the event is triggered - then your code in the event determines when to act
and when not to act.

See Chip Pearson's page on Events

Tom Ogilvy

"filo666" wrote in message
Good morning, How could I say to excel that when a cell changes (lets say

a2)
execute something,
something like:
if cells(2,1)<"" then ...bla bla bla

but this works just with cells with no values in them

I want that wherever value is in the cell, when user changes it, execute

the
proceedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

glad to help