Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default change cell contents when pull down menu choices change

I am wondering if excel will change cell contents when different pull down
menu choices are populated, e.g., if I choose Jan 09 from a pull down menu, I
want to auto populate date cells 1-31 on correct day of the week (specific
cells)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The simple answer is Yes. Provide the cells have formulas which respond to
the value populated in the pull down. (By the way what type of pull down are
you talking about - Data, Validation, List, or Combo box (Forms) or Combo box
(Control Toolbox)?

If you mean will it automatically fill in empty cells, the answer is only if
you write a VBA program to do so.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jb21" wrote:

I am wondering if excel will change cell contents when different pull down
menu choices are populated, e.g., if I choose Jan 09 from a pull down menu, I
want to auto populate date cells 1-31 on correct day of the week (specific
cells)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Shane, thanks for the quick response. I used the data --validation command
to construct the drop down list; e.g., Jan, Feb, Mar etc. I have columns for
the days of the week (M,T,W etc) and a row for the date. I would like to auto
populate the date cell for Th with a 1, Fr a 2 etc, when Jan is chosen on the
drop down. I am quite VBA challenged, so any direction would be appreciated,
thx jb21

"jb21" wrote:

I am wondering if excel will change cell contents when different pull down
menu choices are populated, e.g., if I choose Jan 09 from a pull down menu, I
want to auto populate date cells 1-31 on correct day of the week (specific
cells)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I need more detail - where are the cells that contain the M,T, W..., where
will the numbers 1, 2, 3 go. For example, are the MTW in D1:F1 and how far
do they extend to the right? in other words do they cover the whole month or
just one week? Are you including weekends or only weekdays? How about
holidays? Do you want the numbers in cells D2:F2... or further down or is
this setup completely wrong?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire