Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Move sheets To New Wbk - recover workbook

Hi There,

I am deadline working ...
and with creating Charts (all embedded) in a workbook all day (saved
it regularly!), I closed the file in the end but now on re-opening
excel (97Sr2) it generates an error.
(application error: excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed
by windows)

(
There is NO VBA-code inside: besides this empty sub in one of the
worksheets

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
End Sub
)

The only way is maybe just exporting the sheets? -taking into account
that i cannot open the file...

-Can someone provide me a snippet to export all sheets from a closed
workbook to a new workbook?

Help seriously appreciated,
Sige
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried opening it with macro's disabled? Give that a try... If not
you probably won't have any luck getting the sheets exported. If the file is
corrupted then it is probably toast. If you grab the sheets then in all
likelyhood you also get the corruption and you are back at square one...

"SIGE" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure I tried with Macros disabled ...
How does it come your Wbk "toasts" ???
(to avoid future "croque monsieurs"...

It contains just a 10 sheets with each approx 500 - 5000 filled cells.
No Pivot-tables ... no filters ... hardly some lookups.

Just created charts with them. Wonders of Excel?

Is there a back-up-tool (add-in) that exists? (
Unlike Excel 9? -10-11 there is not much of recovery in Excel 97.
Sige

"NOSPAM" to be removed for direct mailing...