Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with webbrowser control

I am doing the following

Creating a new spreadsheet

say On Sheet2 creating some simple code such as

'option explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

With WebBrowser1
.Navigate2 "www.google.co.uk"

Do Until .ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Loop

MsgBox "OK"
End With

End Sub

Office2000 with WIndowsME and IE 6.0

I've read about conflicts between gator (which I don't run - but I do
run roboform which is a similar product) - just wondered if anyone has
had this recently and knows the fix. My code is relatively simple, so
it's not that I am doing anything bad is it?
--
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So what happens?

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Mike NG" wrote in message
I am doing the following

Creating a new spreadsheet

say On Sheet2 creating some simple code such as

'option explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

With WebBrowser1
.Navigate2 "www.google.co.uk"

Do Until .ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Loop

MsgBox "OK"
End With

End Sub

Office2000 with WIndowsME and IE 6.0

I've read about conflicts between gator (which I don't run - but I do
run roboform which is a similar product) - just wondered if anyone has
had this recently and knows the fix. My code is relatively simple, so
it's not that I am doing anything bad is it?
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 at 19:13:43, Tim Williams (Tim Williams
) wrote:
So what happens?

Woops

If I flick from sheet1 to sheet2 google appears OK, by if I flick back
to sheet1 again I get an error in MSHTML.DLL
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 at 22:24:37, Tim Williams (Tim Williams
) wrote:
Is there an error message?

Excel has caused an error in MSHTML.DLL
Excel will now close

If you continue to experience problems,
try restarting your computer

with Close and Debug buttons

I did try pressing debug several times, but nothing came out

I am going to do a clean re-install in the near future, so will see how
things go from then
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

) wrote:
Is there an error message?

Excel has caused an error in MSHTML.DLL
Excel will now close

If you continue to experience problems,
try restarting your computer

with Close and Debug buttons

I did try pressing debug several times, but nothing came out

I am going to do a clean re-install in the near future, so will see how
things go from then

I've come up with a solution of creating a userform instead, and putting
the webbrowser on there instead. In order to add a web browser, you
have to go to additional controls and scroll through the list, and I
even got "excel has caused an error" there, but 2nd time it was OK.

The previous error was 100% recreatable, and this hasn't crashed so far.
Plus it looks neater and gives better flow control of how I want to do
things in my spreadsheet, I will be going for this solution instead
--
Mike