Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protection of confidential data

I've done my homework before posting what I'm sure is a common question, but
I wanted to check in before I completely give up. I've read answers to
common questions and looked in a couple of books, and the answers seem
discouraging!

My aim: password protect two columns, so that users can view and play with
all cells but for ones in these columns

Is it true that, although I can hide columns and stop users unhiding them,
there is nothing to stop them copying and pasting the data as values to a new
sheet, and seeing the information (for example, can I stop them copying
anything within the hidden range?).

Is it true that there is no good way to protect data on a worksheet from
being seen, other than removing it from the workbook if it's going to be
distributed?

Thanks in advance
Daniel