Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nat

Default keeping excel program confidential

I have created an excel program that others will have access to to be able to
enter information on a daily basis. However, I don't want the program itself
to be able to used/modified by others. I've done the whole protection thing
as far as locking certain cells, but I want to be able to email it out in a
read only format. As far as I can tell, they could still save the program
under another name and use it from there. Is there any way to protect a file
on a computer from being saved to a disc?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed

Try highlighting the entire spreadsheet, then Copy / Paste Special -
Values to a new workbook and mail that to them.

ed

paul wrote:
i spose you could have a macro that copies and pastes everything as a value
with a before save event.Of course someone who knows could probably disable
that
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Nat" wrote:

I have created an excel program that others will have access to to be able to
enter information on a daily basis. However, I don't want the program itself
to be able to used/modified by others. I've done the whole protection thing
as far as locking certain cells, but I want to be able to email it out in a
read only format. As far as I can tell, they could still save the program
under another name and use it from there. Is there any way to protect a file
on a computer from being saved to a disc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nat

Paul, I appreciate your help. I've never been on one of these message
boards before...pretty cool to get responses. I'm thinking your idea could
be effective, however, I don't know the first thing about macros and even the
help section isn't too helpful....maybe you could tell me a little more?
Thanks so much in advance. Natalie